Tuesday, October 22, 2013

More Drawing Class


The people in my drawing class are doing a great job and I see so much development!
A big Yahoo for all of you.

This week we examined some of the challenges of working from photographs. These pictures of some of the demonstrations I did during the class, some of the prep work that I did before the class and my home work - the piece that I started during class and took home to finish. I know every one is working on their finished landscape drawing.

The charcoal drawing of Reggie (above) was a demonstration of taking measurements, proportion and sight lines on a photo just the same way I do it when drawing from life. The difference is that the dog sits still in the photo.

This charcoal landscape was done before the class. I did another similar one as a demonstration.

 There are a lot of interesting elements in this photo. I chose to focus on the shadow pattern on the oil tank. The windows and doors are another subject for another drawing.

This is a very charming subject but the values need to be adjusted to make the elements make sense.

Last is my "homework". I got as far as laying in the main value pattern in the class and made some changes and added the details and textures the next day.